Monday, October 1, 2007

Ground Realities.

Ground Realities:

Well, here I am, waiting for an opportunity to curse something. :D

Yesterday was Sunday. It's supposed to be a holiday, but we had extra lectures. Anyways, the whole group went to the ground to play some cricket (I hadn't played cricket in years). So I was really excited to get going.

Now comes the best part. The ground was in NO condition to carry out ANY activity. The outer parts of the ground is under construction, from a looooooooong time!

Deciding to play on an empty piece of track on the outskirts of the ground, we made teams and started off. I was on the bowling side. So I went into the outfield, which was one of the parts of the ground.

First ball, the ball is in the air, I ran towards it, but unknown to me, the ground was so f***in mushy, I almost fell down, and not to mention I dropped the catch ;)

Then we realized the "nature" of the outfield. It looked awesome, with all the grass! But beneath the grass, it was so mushy, and it was like walking in keechad. Then I realized one thing, my brand new Adidas shoes (white colour) (:@:@:@) changed their colour to brown! Whatte miracle!

We somehow fielded through the innings, and lost the first match :|. It was a new form of cricket. An idea waaaaaaaay ahead of the T20 format. We were playing the S6 format. Get it? :P

Although we won the 2nd match, I was damn bored at the end of it all, and disgusted at the ground conditions. Here are some pictures to elaborate...:









After the match, I looked around the ground properly. The basketball "court" isn't actually a basketball court (It never was). Its just a piece of land with mud, with 2 baskets facing each other. Unplayable, the ball will shoot around for cryin out loud!@!

Then, theres the long jump pit. Generally, it's filled up with sand, and covered during the monsoons. Generally.

Here's what it looked like :



So there we go. Cursed all I wanted :D

I just hope it gets ready for the annual sports activities coming up in December/January. I think it will be up and running!

Post ur comments, if any!

Regards,

Adijo.

1 comment:

Rahul Jayaraman said...

waste!! that ground was meant for footer.. not sodding cricket!!