Wednesday, September 26, 2007

As I was trulli saying...

Trulli: McLaren Pair should have been axed.

As I told u guys in my last post, the McLaren Pair should have been axed...

Here's the whole report - Truly said by Trulli!

--------------------------


Toyota's Jarno Trulli believes McLaren duo Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso should have been excluded from the world championship.
The Italian veteran told Reuters that the McLaren duo were lucky to avoid sanction in the spying scandal.

"It's very difficult to judge the spy story. You never know the truth if you're not inside the team," the 33-year-old Toyota driver said in an interview before this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix.

"But if you disqualify a team you should probably disqualify the drivers as well because they're all involved and work for the same team.

"It's difficult for me to judge so I don't want to say any more. It's just a shame F1 has suffered. The sport has been hit hard by this spy story all around the world."

Trulli's team-mate Ralf Schumacher was more forgiving.

"I think it's only fair that they are not punished," the German told Reuters. "The drivers are not really involved in the development of the car.

"I don't know about the other drivers but for myself, and the people I've talked to, they should not be punished."

"It's honestly very difficult. It was clear they had some information at some point," Schumacher added. "But I don't think it was ever clear McLaren or the drivers benefited from what they got."

Schumacher explained that stripping the McLaren drivers of their points would have tainted the world championship.

"It would be unfair," he said. "It's always arguable but I think for the championship it's important that everything stays as it is.

"I had it four years ago at Williams. I finished third but there was some mistake in measuring the brake ducts and my third place got cancelled.

"The brake duct was slightly too big but by three millimetres or so. I mean, what's the driver's mistake in that?"

--------------------------

Source: http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/7262708

And by the way, Ralf Schumachers' views are lame :|, he's too casual.

No comments: